Saturday, November 20, 2010

Elliot wants Food!

Elliot has been sick and weird for the past three weeks. Three weekends ago he was vomiting like a man...seriously 14  times in 5 days! Then he had diarrhea to completely get over that. Needless to say, he didn't have much of an appetite that week and my main challenge was keeping him hydrated. Then last week we had some emotional stuff and daylight savings time which I think threw him off because he was waking up at 3:30 or 4:30 three nights of the week. This meant that mommy, daddy and Elliot were very tired. Finally, we thought we had everything back to normal and he started running a fever last weekend. It lasted three days! We went to the doctor and his white blood cell count was low so they thought he had a viral infection, but they want us to come back in another week to get his blood tested again just to make sure his count is going back up. This mommy is trying not to worry because he seems to be doing better now. His appetite is finally coming back which was my final concern. However, he has been rather picky.
For example...after one of his long naps this week he woke up and called for me. I came in and he snuggled up to me and said, "Mommy I yuv you. I wan some food!" I was more than thrilled to hear this so I asked, "What would you like bubby? What kind of food?" He responded, "Wellll, I like two yoyipops! A wedd one an a gween one!"
Two lollipops...he was even specific about the color. Two lollipops it is! At least I've got the Yummy Earth ones! They are great! I think I might start looking into how to make my own from honey or something. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin