Saturday, January 16, 2010

Green Tea Soap Recipe

I've waited awhile to put this up, because I needed to make sure it would cure and turn into a good soap. And I personally think it's great! One of my friends made soap with red tea instead of water when she was making her lye solution. After reading how goat's milk soap is made, I figured I could do this recipe and the following one with coconut milk. I'm really excited about possibly making a soap where the lye solution is a hydrosol instead of another liquid. Wouldn't that be cool?!

Green Tea Soap Recipe
Makes 8-10 bars




3 oz lye
8 oz green tea
10  oz extra virgin olive oil
5 oz extra virgin organic coconut oil
5 oz palm oil
2 oz all natural jojoba oil
Green tea extract
Essential Oil Blend (5 parts rosemary, 2 parts tea tree, 2 parts spearmint)

For more info on soap making procedures, refer to this post.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin