Saturday, February 27, 2010

Flab-Off Update - Lettuce Wraps & Nutty Pancakes

Well, with one day to go...the February flab-off has been a great success! I've only lost 1 lb. but my stomach is flatter and my energy is higher and more consistent. Elliot has not exactly been participating at the same level that Evan and I have been, but he's maintained his little weight the whole way along. My husband on the other hand has lost 18 pounds...in 27 days. Seriously now?! Isn't that great?!
However, the best thing of all happened the other day. See, this last week, I haven't been very good AT ALL about planning and preparing for our meals, but Ev has stuck with the Flab-Off commitment. When I said that we only had a week left, he asked, "Well, then what do we do?" I said that we could talk about it and see what we wanted to add back in or exercise moderation in some of our more excessive pleasures (cough...Cokes and Little Debbies...cough). And he just kind of looked at me confused and said, "I'd like it better if this were just our lifestyle." WHAT?! I got so excited! That was the most perfect thing that he could have said. And the best result I could ask for from the Flab-Off, better than any number of inches or pounds lost.
Here are two more recipes that we've enjoyed - Lettuce Wraps and Nutty Pancakes!

Lettuce Wraps
Ingredients
10 oz canned white chicken
3 Tbsp Ground Walnuts
1 Tbsp Olive Oil Mayo
1/2 tsp Sage
1/2 tsp Thyme
1/2 tsp Rosemary
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
Dash of Pepper
Hummus
4 long romaine lettuce leaves
Hummus

Instructions
1. Spread hummus on lettuce leaves
2. Mix chicken, walnuts, mayo, and spices in a small bowl and spoon onto lettuce
3. Fold lettuce in half lengthwise and enjoy!

We had the lettuce wraps with a few raspberries and 7-grain crackers.

Nutty Pancakes


Ingredients
Dry Ingredients
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup ground walnuts
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup ground oats
1/4 cup ground shredded coconut
1/4 cup wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder

Wet Ingredients
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup kefir whey
1/2 cup yogurt (the whey and yogurt could probably be substituted with 1 cup buttermilk)
2 Tbsp Butter or Coconut Oil, melted

Instructions
1. Grind all dry ingredients in a quick mill or food processor and mix together
2. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl
3. Stir wet and dry mixtures together
4. Cook on a non-stick, preheated griddle
5. Top with fun things like - berries, pecans, dark chocolate chips, honey, almond butter, etc.

My brother and husband liked these! Ev said he liked them better than the coconut pancakes I highlighted in an earlier post, and they're chock full of protein and other good vitamins and minerals!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin