Friday, June 12, 2009

Hurray for TEA!

June is NATIONAL ICED TEA MONTH! Yes...I was as surpised as you and Ethel over here in the picture, but we've got to ditch our hot tea for a month. (Okay, maybe not ditch, I'm not sure I could really do that). We must at least give Iced Tea a shot. Time to pull out the tea bags and that hand-painted pitcher, let it sit in the sun and just brew. 
One of my favorite things about tea is that regardless of the pace of my day, it forces me to savor something and relax my breathing. So savor your iced tea...DON'T USE A STRAW! (That's right, I don't care if your dentist disagrees) and for goodness sake...DON'T CHUG IT! :)
Here's a nice fresh summer recipe to enjoy on some toast or other baked item with your iced tea:

Strawberry Tea Butter:
  1. Combine 10 oz thawed, frozen strawberries with 1 stick of softened butter, 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, and 1 teaspoon grated orange zest.
  2. Puree until smooth
  3. Spread on toast, biscuits, scones, or what ever you like
**If you swap the butter with plain yogurt or sour cream, you could have a delectable dip on your hands!**

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin