Saturday, July 4, 2009

Let Freedom Ring!

Happy Independence Day! I hope you all have a chance to celebrate and enjoy liberty in a new and fresh way today. I know that there is a lot going on with our country and anyone can find something to complain about or be worried about, but I would encourage you, even if it is just for today, to realize the beauty around you an recognize the sacrifice of those that serve in our government and military. Let's stand resolved to affirm what is good about living in America, and tomorrow, if you find that you like it better, we can go back to our typical way of talking about our country.
It may be someone you know that serves our country in official role, or it may be someone who has fought for your freedom on another level, but find them today and thank them!
Thank you Dad for the work you do both inside and outside of your home! You are an exemplary patriot and soldier in the army of the Lord.
Thank you Evan for protecting freedom in our home and in my heart! Thank you for leading our family as a warrior poet who stands for truth and justice and loves openly and unconditionally. You are my hero!
I couldn't end this post without a big "THANK YOU!" to my Jesus! You have taught me what freedom truly is, regardless of where I live or what I do. Thank You for your sacrifice and deep, wide, boundless love, and for the amazing grace You give to a girl that deserves to be in bondage. I want to better live with the fullness of life that you offer, reflect the radiance of your light and truth, and display and dispense your grace and love that offer freedom and peace!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin