Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Next on the List...RMS Beauty!

I am so excited about this!!! I can't wait to try it. Go check out RMS Beauty. Rose-Marie Swift has been a celebrity make-up artist for years. She's been featured in just about any big-time magazine, and she has such a cool story. I guess she was an artist that was in high-demand but her health started failing, and after some medical testing they found that she had high levels of metal and toxic chemicals in her body. All of this was from her constant exposure to make-up. (If you haven't done much research on it, most make-up has aluminum and cadmium, some of it even has mercury and lead.)
ANYWAY, in my search for skin care that feeds my skin instead of stripping or starving it. I've come up against a roadblock with make-up. Even the mineral make-ups that claim to be natural, have been tampered with, and making your own mineral make-up can be not so good for your lungs. A lot of cleansing products are saponified (which means that lye is added...have you ever looked at a container of straight-up lye...I just think it's really scary!) and other products are heated up a lot or processed in other ways that make the properties that would typicaly interact with your skin, ineffective.
Our skin is a breathable organ, what we put on it is what goes into our bodies. So I think to myself, "Would I feel comfortable eating that? Would I freak out if my son got into that and messed around with it?"
So I've been doing some research on natural preservatives and other such things, and I found that Rosemary Oil Extract and Vitamin E are two very stable good preservatives that don't alter the structure of things. WELL! Guess what RMS uses to preserve their products?...that's right ROE and Vit. E! They also use coconut oil and jojoba oil as their base. These oils nourish your skin rather than clog your pores.
So anyway...that's it! I'm stoked. It's a little expensive, but I think it will be TOTALLY worth it. Let me know if you decide to try it too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin